Water is an important part of your daily life. After all your body is 60% water. Most of our blood and cells are made of water, which is why we need it in order for our bodies to function like they ought to.
The amount of water intake per person varies with each individual. Studies say that women should consume about 88 ounces a day and while men should intake about 128 ounces. When you don’t drink enough water you can suffer from dehydration, constipation, and headache among other problems. On the other hand the benefits of drinking water are endless.
· Flushes out toxins
· Helps with weight loss
· Improves the complexion of your skin
· Aids in digesting food
· Produces energy
· Helps you think and also focus
· Relieves headaches and migraines
I know what you’re thinking. Water is just so boring!!! Well, if you don’t like the taste just add some flavor! Fruits and herbs are a great addition to water to make it less boring and a little more sweet. Think Spa water. Here is how you can make your own naturally flavored water at home.
What you will need:
· Glass jar, your favorite water bottle, Infuser bottle, or pitcher.
· Fruits- whatever you like. Make sure it’s ripe and clean. Citrus, berries, apples, watermelon, oranges, lemons and limes are terrific!
· Herbs- mint, rosemary, or any other that you prefer
· Filtered water (tap is ok)
Start off by washing the fruits and herbs. Next, slice fruits into small pieces and place in jar or infuser (about a hand full). Feel free to add mint. After all the fruits and herbs have been placed in the jar add ice and top with filtered water. Give a light shake and refrigerate. The water will be good 2-3 days.
Ta daa!! No more boring water! It only takes a few minutes to make, so go ahead, and give it a try! Whatever gets you to drink more water, just do it! Cheers!